3 large eggplants
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup tahini, plus more as needed
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
1 pinch ground cumin
salt, to taste
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup black olives, such as kalamata
1/2 cup of water or more if needed
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F.
2. Prick the eggplant with a fork in several places and place on the grill rack
3. Grill, turning frequently for the first 5 mins, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh just begins to feel soft, bake for about 20 minutes or until soft.
4. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly.
5. Place the eggplant in the blender.
6. Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, olive oil, parsley, salt, black olives and water.
7. Blend for several minutes until the mixture is smooth. Add more seasonings to taste.
8. Serve at room temperature.
Quantity: nearly a full blender (enough for several small meals)